AFCOM NC – You’ve Declared a Disaster, Now What?
Many organizations were recently forced into disaster mode. For some the transition was effective, others lucky, and almost all were faced with making decisions at some point without the proper processes in place. Most of the time the front-line decisions are the organization’s focus. While we cannot always know all the answers and many times guess at the best approach, we can discuss key components an organization can put in place for a proper disaster framework.
This presentation will discuss methodologies to establish the proper framework and help ensure the background resources such as
- Emergency management plans for declaring a disaster, updating business continuity plans, and ultimately recovering from the declared disaster
- Successes and Lessons Learned:
- Clarifying “Essential employees,” getting them through the man trap, check-in, and other possible contamination bottlenecks, and pandemic challenges unique to data centers
- Potential risk areas associated with data centers
Defining a Disaster
The Three Key Plans
- Emergency Management
- Business Continuance
- Disaster Recovery
The declaration, Pros’ and Cons’ learned from a disaster (example Corona Virus)
Direct Link to Event – https://meet.jit.si/AfcomNorthCarolina
- Data Center Decisions – Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- Dec 10 2020
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm